Project Goals - March & April Recap
Given all of the madness lately, I never did a recap March so better late than ever I guess.
- New Quilt: Brown Bear themed baby quilt for my son's preschool teacher (needs to be done in by March) --> Finished!
- UFO: need to finish my Accuracy Quilt --> backing is done, now I need to baste & quilt it.
- Software: Learn how to confidently use EQ7. I've been playing with it since it showed up a few days ago but there is definitely a learning curve. --> Nothing new on this front. Haven't even opened the software in a few months. Need to get back to this.
- New Quilt: A queen sized quilt for our new master bedroom, using batik fabrics. I was originally going to use the Star Surround pattern that Melissa from Happy Quilting developed for her 2013 QAL but then she posted about her 2014 QAL called Star Light Star Bright with different variations and I fell in love with variation 4! After input from her readers, the majority voted for variation #1 but I'm still going to make variation #4 (with her permission of course!) --> Have all of the fabrics purchased (finally!). Now I just need to start it.
- New Project: A Christmas tree skirt for next year, based on my earlier post here. --> This project is pieced together and quilting has started.
- New Project: A quilted Advent Calendar for next Christmas --> Not started
- New Quilt: A large lap quilt with all the half square triangles I made back in October. I still have another charm pack to make so depending upon what layout I select, it might be bigger! --> Discovered that 10 blocks were pieced backwards but these have all been fixed. It's sitting up on the design wall, waiting for sashing and cornerstones.
- New Project: 2014 Sewalong: log cabin mini blocks project --> finished.
- New Project: A fish extender for our upcoming cruise on the Disney Dream. --> finished.
- New Project: solid color quilt or project --> not started
- New Project: Triangle Quilt --> despite all of the chaos I decided to participate in The Sassy Quilter's Triangle QAL. I got several rows pieced together (see here) but want to make 5 additional rows and then I'll be able to piece the entire top together.
so much on this list and good to see you have finished some of your projects, I have found when I did embroidery I worked on one project at a time but that has not worked with the quilting!ReplyDelete
Considering you had such lofty goal, I think you did a very good job on your goals! So much to do and so little time!ReplyDelete