Finish Along - Q1 Planned Finishes
|Click here for the 2017 Finish-Along Details|
Last year I attribute a lot of my successful finishes to my participation in the 2016 Finish Along so it should come as no surprise that I will be participating again this year. It really helped to keep me focused and was a great motivator for me, being able to check a project off of my to-do list. So, here is my list for the first quarter of the year. Yes, it's ambitious, but it's supposed to be. Better to have too much and roll it over, than to have too little and run out of things to do. :)
1. My 2017 Stash Bee Faux Purple Plaid Quilt -- this is to be a wedding gift for my cousin in March. Here are the blocks that I've received so far, up on my design wall.
2. Twin sized BB-8 quilt for my son's 7th birthday. The backing fabric arrived yesterday so I should be able to finish up the top and get it basted by next week. That will give me plenty of time to get it quilted and bound before his birthday in March.
3. Set of 4 Rope Coasters for our living room, using this rope and some of the scraps from this fabric bin, all which coordinate with the rest of the handmade decor in our living room.
4. I'd like to transform these quilt sandwich circles into 2 free motion holiday ornaments, like the ones found in this tutorial.
5. Transform these 2 layer cakes into one of these patterns that I worked on in EQ7. It's an easy project and I even have the backing fabric for this project so it's doable.
6. I've been using this sad little eye mask for a few years now. (I think it was included in a game that my son had). I don't use it all of the time, mostly when I have a migraine episode during the day and want to block out the light or if my husband and I are both in bed and he would like to read a bit before sleeping. I'd much rather have a pretty eye mask made with this fabric:
7. Finish putting together these blocks into a finished top, and get this Aspen Frost Jubilee quilt done!
8. Welcome Panel - I have a few whole cloth panels that found their way into my stash. This one is from Benartex and while it's not exactly my style, it would be a nice free motion quilting project that I can get done in a day. It would make a nice gift for one of my aunts.
That's 8 documented projects outside of my monthly bee obligations and other sewing. Again, it's a lot but that's okay. It's good to have a list.
Lovely list. Love the Faux Purple Plaid quilt. Good luck on your finishesReplyDelete
you have quite a lot to do here best of luck, would love to be a fly on the wall when your son sees his quilt for the first time I am sure it will be a magical moment. The aspen frost quilt is going to be very pretty too and the wedding present purple one looks great hope you get all the blocks back in time to complete it. The eye mask will not take long to do.ReplyDelete
the FMQ baubles idea is such a fun one. Love the last project too! Good luck with all your listReplyDelete
BB8 looks great an I really like your Aspen Frost Blocks, its going to be a beautiful quilt!ReplyDelete