With Christmas less than 6 weeks away, I started piecing my son's gift. I'm making him a twin sized BB-8 quilt to go with his newly decorated Star Wars room. I was really good about cutting out all of my fabric and labeling each cut -- it's something I never do. I had everything organized and I got to sewing. Here is my progress so far:
As you can see, I have his head done and have begun working on the body. It wasn't until I was editing this photo that I realized that something wasn't right. After another look at the piecing instructions, I realized that I skipped 2 steps so I'll be ripping out some seams and cutting more fabric. So much for being super organized. On the bright side, I noticed my mistake before the quilt was bound! I'm already thinking about how I want to quilt this. There's going to be a lot of negative space to fill which is exciting and a bit daunting at the same time but it's going to be a fun challenge.