A few weeks back, while I was waiting for my long arm machine to be set up, I cranked out these cute rope coasters using some leftover aqua and teal scraps so that they'd coordinate with my living room decor.
I didn't have any set expectations with these other than to have fun making them and play around with some of my scraps and decorative thread. Photographing them proved to be harder than making them - any sort of "creative" composition and you couldn't tell what they were. If I put a mug on them, then you couldn't see them. The photo above is boring but at least you can see them. I even managed to get 5 out of 6 to be the same size. (The top right one is smaller than all the rest. It was my original one that I made a few months back).
This little project was my goal for this month and I even made a few extra coasters so that I have a few in my sewing room now. It's also one of the projects that I wanted to get done this quarter for the 2017 Finish Along.