I used the Missouri Star Quilt Company's easy cathedral window tutorial and it couldn't be easier. This mini was a test run before I cut into these fabrics that I purchased for a queen sized bed runner.
I wanted to see see how the pattern looked with 3.5" squares (instead of 5" that the tutorial uses). It also allowed me to make little adjustments. I now know that I need to use a walking foot for all of the piecing because of the bulk. I also plan on using a slightly bigger seam allowance to make pressing easier.
This brings me to my One Monthly Goal for June:
- Get all that fabric cut into 3.5" squares.
- Press all of the background fabric squares (bella snow, on the bottom) into little triangles
- Figure out all the math and specific layout
Linking up to any of these parties.