I'm not sure how I managed it, but I actually got some sewing in this Labor Day weekend and feeling a sense of accomplishment. I managed to get my Stash Bee block done for September.
It's reverse appliqué and it was super easy. It's a technique I've never tried before. I can definitely see this as a option for patching kids clothing in the future. I might try to make a second one for her since it takes no time at all to make. I just don't have a variety of dark blue fabrics so both blocks will end up being the same.
I also did some sewing for some little ones. I made this headband for my niece. I'm hoping it fits her.
And I couldn't make something for my niece without also making something for my nephew. He and my son are 3 months apart so I know that some missing teeth are in his future so making up some tooth fairy pillows was perfect.
These are so quick and easy to make. The purple one will be for my niece and the blue/green ones will be for my nephew and a neighbor boy down the street.