Unlike the mini windows, where I only used foam core for the structure, I needed to use a piece of 1" x 3" lumber to accommodate the 7-foot length. As you can see in the photo above, we get a lot of great sunlight into this room. I considered adding some sheer curtains with it but my husband really, really, really hates curtains in front of a sliding door, so this is how it will stay.
I think my biggest win on this project is matching up the pattern when sewing the fabric. It ended up being easier than I thought (I used this video tutorial if you're interested in doing this yourself). Here is a close-up, standing on a chair right in front of it. You can't tell at all when you're anywhere in the room.
Now I feel accomplished for the week. Now if we could just get motivated enough to paint and finish decorating the rest of the house...
I can mark this project off of my 2016 4th Quarter Finish Along list, too!