- Basic sewing safety and how to use the sewing machine
- Sewing practice using ruler lined paper
- Properties of fabric
- Sewing practice using fabric scraps
- Learning how to pin and pinning our first squares
- How to get a 1/4 seam and sewing our first squares
- Iron safety, pressing, and pressing our first squares
Do the points and seams all match up? No. Is the stitching always straight? No. But are the kids excited about sewing and having a blast? Absolutely! And that is what is important. Over the next few weeks there won't be any sewing because of state-wide standardized testing so next up will be to create the quilt sandwich, appliquéing the letters, and quilting it.